- for the anchovy caper dressing
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 100ml (3fl oz) red wine vinegar
- 1tsp sugar
- 130ml (4 ½fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1tbsp tiny capers, rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½tsp salt
- ½tsp freshly ground black pepper
- for the salad
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and chopped
- 4 large plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g (4oz) baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and slightly squashed
- 2tsp dried oregano
- large bunch mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- small bunch dill, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) block feta cheese, crumbled
Leave the red onion, red wine vinegar and sugar in a small bowl to macerate for at least 10 minutes then combine with all the other dressing ingredients and mix well.
Place the cucumber, tomatoes and olives in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, add the feta cheese to the bowl, sprinkle with the herbs and pour over the dressing.
Top Tip for making Greek Salad
The vegetables for the salad and the dressing can be assembled in the morning but only add the feta cheese, herbs and dressing shortly before serving.