- For the base
- 250g (9oz) gluten free white bread flour
- 1tsp easy-blend yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml (1/4pt) hand hot water
- 1/2tsp malt vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For the topping
- 100g (4oz) baby aubergines, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4tbsp tomato passata
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g (1oz) olives
- 3 slices prosciutto
- A few rocket and basil leaves as garnish
- You will need
- Large mixing bowl and large baking tray
Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the yeast, salt and sugar. Mix the water, vinegar and oil together and stir into the flour mixture so it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough.
Oil the worksurface, then turn out the dough and knead it until smooth (it won’t need working for too long). Roll out to a circle 25cm (10in) in diameter and place onto a large baking tray.
Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for about 20 minutes.
Set the oven to 200C, 180 fan, 400F, gas 6. Spread the pizza base with the tomato passata, then lay the baby aubergine slices, red pepper, tomatoes and olives on top. Tear up the prosciutto and arrange on top as well.
Bake for 20 minutes until the base is golden and crisp. Serve garnished with the fresh rocket and basil leaves.