Nutrition per portion
- 3 x 375g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 500g pack white marzipan
- 411g can pear quarters, drained and thinly sliced
- 410g can unsweetened apple slices, drained and thinly sliced
- 411g can peach or apricot halves in fruit juice, drained and thinly sliced
- icing sugar, sifted
- ½tsp ground mixed spice
- 2tbsp redcurrant jelly, warmed
- 4tbsp sieved apricot jam, warmed
- whipped cream, to serve
Heat the oven to 220C, 200C fan oven, 425F, Gas 7. Cut each sheet of pastry into six 10cm (4in) rounds and chill. Roll out the marzipan thinly on a lightly floured surface and cut out 18 7.5cm (3in) rounds. Set a round of marzipan on top of each pastry round.
Arrange the fruits on top of the marzipan, dust with icing sugar and a little mixed spice and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tarts are puffed and golden. While still warm, brush the pear tarts with redcurrant glaze and the other tarts with apricot glaze. Serve warm with whipped cream.