- 350g (12oz) frozen British summer fruits (available from most supermarkets)
- 6 individual all-butter tartlet cases (from Marks & Spencer)
- clotted or whipped cream, to serve
- For the crumble topping:
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 15g (½oz) soft brown sugar
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
Allow the fruit to thaw in a sieve over a bowl so that it’s not too wet, which would make the pastry soggy. Meanwhile, make the crumble topping. Rub the butter and flour together and stir in the nuts, sugar and cinnamon. When you’re ready to bake the tartlets, preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6.
Divide the fruit between the tartlet cases then scatter over the crumble topping. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crumble is lightly browned. Serve with a dollop of clotted or whipped cream.