By Grace Walsh
This gorgeously green pot of goodness uses plant-based yoghurt in place of traditional eggs.
Za’atar is a blend of dried herbs, it's a wonderful way to add a Middle Eastern flavour to any dish. The combo of fresh mint and dill keeps it light and clean.
Also, this dish is packed with vitaminsA, B5, B6, C, E and K, folic acid, potassium, manganese and thiamine, while being high in protein and fibre. So trust us, this one is good for you!
This delicious recipe comes from the BOSH! Healthy Vegan cookbook by bestselling authors Henry Firth and Ian Theasby. And the book is now available to buy - packed full of imaginative vegan alternatives for all your favourite dishes.
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans in water
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- 10g fresh parsley leaves
- 10g fresh dill
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 50g plant based yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp za'atar
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 slice crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
You will need:
- Fine grater or microplane
- Large frying pan
- Trim and thinly slice the leek, peel and grate the garlic, drain and rinse the cannellini beans. Then, roughly chop the mint, parsley and dill, halve and carefully stone the avocado by tapping the stone firmly with the heel of a knife so that it lodges in the pit, then twist and remove. Scoop out and slice the avocado flesh.
- Heat the olive oil in the large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Then, add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. After, turn down the heat, add the garlic and stir for a further minute. Add the beans and peas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, one handful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each batch of spinach to wilt down before adding the next.
- When all the spinach has wilted and the peas are thoroughly defrosted and cooked through, take the pan off the heat, stir through the parsley, dill and mint and season to perfection with salt and pepper.Top with the yoghurt, za’atar and sliced avocado, and serve with crusty wholemeal bread.
Why is the Queen not at Ascot? The potential reason Her Majesty could skip the event this year
The Queen has only ever previously missed one Royal Ascot during her reign
By Georgia Farquharson •
Line of Duty’s Vicky McClure set to star in ITV’s new action-packed cop drama Trigger Point
Line of Duty fans are delighted to hear that Vicky McClure is to star in new ITV drama Trigger Point
By Laura Harman •
The Strawberry Moon 2021 is coming—but how often does it happen and what time can you catch a glimpse of this stunning sight?
The Strawberry Moon is one celestial occurrence you won’t want to miss this summer
By Rylee Johnston •