By Grace Walsh
This gorgeously green pot of goodness uses plant-based yoghurt in place of traditional eggs.
Za’atar is a blend of dried herbs, it's a wonderful way to add a Middle Eastern flavour to any dish. The combo of fresh mint and dill keeps it light and clean.
Also, this dish is packed with vitaminsA, B5, B6, C, E and K, folic acid, potassium, manganese and thiamine, while being high in protein and fibre. So trust us, this one is good for you!
This delicious recipe comes from the BOSH! Healthy Vegan cookbook by bestselling authors Henry Firth and Ian Theasby. And the book is now available to buy - packed full of imaginative vegan alternatives for all your favourite dishes.
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans in water
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- 10g fresh parsley leaves
- 10g fresh dill
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 50g plant based yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp za'atar
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 slice crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
You will need:
- Fine grater or microplane
- Large frying pan
- Trim and thinly slice the leek, peel and grate the garlic, drain and rinse the cannellini beans. Then, roughly chop the mint, parsley and dill, halve and carefully stone the avocado by tapping the stone firmly with the heel of a knife so that it lodges in the pit, then twist and remove. Scoop out and slice the avocado flesh.
- Heat the olive oil in the large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Then, add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. After, turn down the heat, add the garlic and stir for a further minute. Add the beans and peas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, one handful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each batch of spinach to wilt down before adding the next.
- When all the spinach has wilted and the peas are thoroughly defrosted and cooked through, take the pan off the heat, stir through the parsley, dill and mint and season to perfection with salt and pepper.Top with the yoghurt, za’atar and sliced avocado, and serve with crusty wholemeal bread.
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •