- 500g (1lb 2oz) raw beetroot, peeled and sliced into small wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ pack fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 250g (9oz) broad beans
- 3tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) mixed baby leaves
- 100g (4oz) feta, crumbled
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Toss the beetroot in half the oil, and scatter with half the thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes then drain and pod (they can be tough and bitter if they’re not podded). Mix the remaining oil and vinegar together and toss with beetroot, broad beans, spring onions, remaining thyme, leaves and feta.
You can roast the beetroot the day before to make this a super-quick supper - or even buy freshly cooked beetroot (not in vinegar). It's also delicious with any goats' cheese and some toasted walnuts.