Prince William admits he ‘worried’ about dad Charles after he was diagnosed with coronavirus

  • We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
  • Prince William has spoken out for the first time about dad Charles’ COVID-19 battle.


    Prince William has opened up about dad Charles’ coronavirus battle in his first interview since the diagnosis last month.

    The Duke of Cambridge admitted he was worried about Prince Charles – who is 71 – due to his advanced age putting him at risk.

    Speaking to BBC, William said, ‘I have to admit, at first I was quite concerned.

    ‘He fits the profile of somebody, at the age he is at, which is fairly risky.

    ‘And so I was a little bit worried.’

    However, he added, ‘But my father has had many chest infections, colds, things like that over the years, and so I thought to myself, if anybody is going to be able to beat this, it’s going to be him.’

    Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus on March 24.

    He was tested by NHS staff in Aberdeenshire after suffering from mild symptoms.

    He and his wife Camilla have been self-isolating at Birkhall, Scotland.

    Speaking about isolation, Prince Charles said, ‘As we are all learning, this is a strange, frustrating and often distressing experience when the presence of family and friends is no longer possible and the normal structures of life are suddenly removed.’

    A few days later, when he officially opened the NHS Nightingale hospital in London via video link, the Prince of Wales further opened up about his illness.

    Prince Charles said he was ‘one of the lucky ones’ who only suffered mild symptoms of the virus.

    Latest Stories

    NAV BUG FIX