By Aleesha Badkar published
With Halloween nearly over with it means we can finally start getting into the festive spirit.
And it also means we’re a mere month away from opening our first advent calendar window to be welcomed with the first of our Christmas treats.
And while chocolate advent calendars are all well and good, what we’re really hoping to be greeted with on the first day of December is a beauty advent calendar.
Pretty much any retailer that sells some sort of array of skincare, makeup, hair or fragrance products have come up with their own twist on the traditional Christmas countdown.
And while we wish we could get our hands on every one of them out there, it would probably mean that everyone else on our Christmas list would be left with a big old nothing from us.
But one large retailer has knocked a massive amount of money off their advent calendar price so that we just might have funds left to get the rest of our Christmas shopping done.
John Lewis, who have this year also launched charity advent calendars, has put their beauty advent calendar on sale, giving customers a huge 20 per cent off.
Coming in at a reduced price of £120, the advent calendar will give customers £255 worth of products, meaning that you’d be saving a massive £135.
And anyone who buys it will be met with a whole load of gorgeous goodies, as the calendar contains:
- Neom Organics London Tranquility Scented Candle
- Sisley Supremÿa Anti-Ageing Night Cream
- Sisley Supremÿa Eyes At Night
- The Soap Co. Geranium & Rhubarb Bar Soap
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
- Floral Street Electric Rhubarb Eau de Parfum
- NARS Bronzing Powder
- Benefit 24 Hour Brow Setter
- Philip Kingsley Rose and Lychee Elasticizer
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant®
- REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic
- Lancôme Advanced Génifique Serum
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick
- Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Lipstick, Dominate
- Evolve Organic Beauty Radiant Glow Mask
- Algenist Elevate Advanced Retinol Serum
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream
- Givenchy L’Interdit Eau de Toilette
- Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet False Cils, Noir Radical
- Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™
- Sarah Chapman 3D Moisture Infusion Mask
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Skin Cream
- bareMinerals GEN NUDE™ Matte Liquid Lipcolour, Scandal
- Acqua Di Parma Mini Hat Box with 3 Colonia Soaps
We’d say that’s definitely worth the money!
Aleesha is digital shopping writer at woman&home—so whether you're looking for beauty, fashion, health or home buys, she knows what to spend your money on. She earned an MA in Magazine Journalism from City, University of London in 2017 and has since worked with a number of brands including, Women's Health, Stylist and Goodto. A year on the w&h news team gained her invaluable insight into where to get the best lifestyle releases first—as well as an AOP awards nomination.
She's in the know about the latest fashions, clever gadgets and reliable lifestyle buys—and being a product specialist on a brand for bold women means that Aleesha also knows a thing or two about the must-buy sex toys. When she’s not playing around with new products and testing anything she can get her hands on, Aleesha spends most of her time with her head in a current bestseller, trying out new recipes, exploring different wines and (in non-COVID times) has been known to be a bit of a jetsetter after spending a year living in Madrid.
Follow her latest shopping & lifestyle advice, beauty insights and social antics on Instagram at @aleeshabadkar.
20 best Christmas hair accessories 2021
Grown-up, chic Christmas hair accessories to deck your 'do this season
By Emma Stoddart • Published
The best zodiac gifts—bespoke fashion, beauty, and home presents for every star sign
Discover the best zodiac gifts that any cosmic enthusiast will love, from personalized jewelry with precious brith stones to informative books
By Dominique McIntee • Published