- for the tortillas (makes 16)
- 450g (1lb) plain flour
- ½tsp salt
- ½tsp baking powder
- 65ml (2½fl oz) vegetable oil
- 225ml (8fl oz) lukewarm water
- for the filling
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4tbsp oil
- 4tbsp Cajun seasoning (we like Bart Spices)
- tomato and onion salsa, avocado, natural yogurt, to serve
Place the chicken, oil and seasoning in a bowl, toss well, cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes or overnight.
To make the tortillas, place all ingredients in a food processor and whizz until combined. If too wet, add more flour; too dry, add more water. Tip out the dough, knead briefly on a floured surface to smooth then divide into 16 pieces and roll out to around 1mm thick.
Heat a frying pan until very hot and dry-fry the tortillas for about 40 seconds on each side, until bubbled. Cover with clingfilm. Add a splash of oil to the frying pan, season the chicken and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked through. Serve with the tortillas and accompaniments, and let everyone help themselves.