- 4tbsp maple syrup
- 6tbsp soy sauce
- 2.5cm (1in) piece root ginger, grated
- 3 sirloin steaks, sliced thinly
- 200g (7oz) fine egg noodles
- 4 pak choi, roots and leaves separated, roots halved and leaves shredded
- 6 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- lime wedges, for squeezing
Mix together the syrup, soy, ginger, freshly ground black pepper and the steak. Marinate for 20 minutes, or up to overnight. When ready, cook the noodles, then drain and coat with a little oil to prevent sticking.
Remove the steak from the excess marinade and fry in a searingly hot wok; 1 minute on each side. Set aside.
Add oil to the wok with the leftover marinade and the pak choi roots. Cook for 1 minute. Add the leaves, noodles, spring onions and steak strips. Toss everything together. Serve immediately, with coriander scattered over and lime wedges on the side.