This cheese and pickle sausage roll takes a party food classic and makes it even more irresistible by adding sharp and tangy cheddar cheese and some sweet and sour pickle.
- 375g all-butter puff pastry
- 600g pork sausage meat
- 3tbsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle
- 60g mature Cheddar, cut into long 1cm batons
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- Roll out the pastry to make a 30x22cm rectangle. Keep the trimmings for decoration. Put into the fridge while you make the filling.
- Pat out half the sausage meat to 30cm on a piece of baking parchment. This will make it easier to roll up.
- Spoon the pickle over the centre of the sausage meat then put a line of the cheese through the centre. Pat over the rest of the sausage meat.
- Use the parchment to roll it into a long sausage, keeping the cheese and pickle in the centre as much as possible.
- Brush the pastry edges with egg, then put the sausage in the centre and join the pastry together around it. Flip it over onto an oiled baking tray. Brush all over with the glaze then decorate and glaze again. Chill until ready to bake it.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Bake for 35 mins. Serve hot, at room temperature or cold.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up