Make sumac chicken skewers for an on-trend flavour on the barbecue or grill, using tender chicken thighs
- 2tbsp sumac
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½tsp dried chilli fakes
- 1tbsp oil
- 500g chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 500g mixed tomatoes
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs of fresh basil
You will need:
- 4-6 skewers, soaked if wooden
This lovely healthy chicken recipe is a great one to try on the barbecue - mix up your usual barbecue recipe this week with these trendy flavours and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It also makes a great dinner party main dish.
HOW TO MAKE SUMAC CHICKEN SKEWERS
- In a large bowl, mix the sumac with the lemon zest, dried chilli flakes and Sumac chicken skewers oil, add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat. Set aside to marinate if there’s time – 1 hour or overnight. Take the tomatoes out of the fridge some hours before serving for a stronger flavour.
- Thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers. Heat a griddle pan or the grill to medium-high, or alternatively fire up the barbecue. Cook the skewers for about 10-12 minutes, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced tomatoes in a serving bowl, drizzle over the olive oil with a sprinkling of sea salt, and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Scatter over the basil and serve with the skewers and some crusty bread.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Chicken Recipes
More Barbecue Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More Buffet Recipes