Spice things up with this tasty Moroccan butternut squash pasta recipe. A speedy and satisfying combination
- 350g (12oz) peeled and sliced butternut squash
- 1tsp ras el hanout (Morrocan spice blend)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) semi-wholewheat tortiglioni
- 400g can chick peas, drained
- 4 peppadew peppers from a jar, drained and quartered
- 2tbsp coriander leaves
- 4tbsp ready-made French dressing
Heat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, 425F, gas 7. Put the butternut squash slices into a roasting tin. Season, sprinkle with the ras el hanout and garlic and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in places.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 mins until just tender. Drain the pasta, add to the roasting tin with the chick peas, peppers, coriander and French dressing. Stir to combine and serve warm or cold.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up