Coriander Chicken with Pomegranate and Almond Couscous Recipe
by Rebecca Smith on Tuesday, 22 May 2012
A twist on the classic recipe, this coriander chicken with pomegranate and almond couscous is quick and the leftovers make a great lunch the next day
- 200g (7oz) couscous
- 200g (7oz) pomegranate seeds
- 50g (2oz) toasted flaked almonds
- juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1tsp chilli sauce (we used rose harissa)
- juice ½ lemon
- large handful roughly chopped coriander leaves
Cook the couscous according to pack instructions. When cooked, fluff it with a fork, then stir through the pomegranate, almonds, lemon and olive oil with plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
Heat a large frying pan with a drizzle of oil, season the chicken and add to the pan on a high heat, with the chilli sauce and lemon juice and toss in the pan for 5 or so minutes until cooked through. Stir through the coriander and allow to wilt for a few seconds in the pan before serving with the couscous. For a more substantial lunch the next day, make double of the chicken then allow to cool and stir through the leftover couscous.