A twist on the classic recipe, this coriander chicken with pomegranate and almond couscous is quick and the leftovers make a great lunch the next day
- 200g (7oz) couscous
- 200g (7oz) pomegranate seeds
- 50g (2oz) toasted flaked almonds
- juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1tsp chilli sauce (we used rose harissa)
- juice Ĺ lemon
- large handful roughly chopped coriander leaves
Cook the couscous according to pack instructions. When cooked, fluff it with a fork, then stir through the pomegranate, almonds, lemon and olive oil with plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
Heat a large frying pan with a drizzle of oil, season the chicken and add to the pan on a high heat, with the chilli sauce and lemon juice and toss in the pan for 5 or so minutes until cooked through. Stir through the coriander and allow to wilt for a few seconds in the pan before serving with the couscous. For a more substantial lunch the next day, make double of the chicken then allow to cool and stir through the leftover couscous.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up