By Jane Curran
Grilled paneer is a great barbecue option for veggies. We've combined grilled paneer with chunks of butternut squash and red onion before marinating in an Indian spiced yoghurt to pack in some real flavour. These skewers are easy to make and can be prepared ahead, giving the flavours extra time to develop, then grilled on the barbecue or in the oven. This dish is a perfect vegetarian alternative, but also makes a tasty barbecue side dish that everyone will love!
Paneer is an unsalted cheese popular in Indian cooking. It’s a really versatile ingredient that can be used in curries, salads, or to fill Indian starters such as dosa and pakora. It pairs well with strong flavours and spices. Once you’ve tried paneer in this dish, why not try making our spinach and paneer curry or grilled paneer and mango salad.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED PANEER WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPICED YOGHURT
- Steam or microwave the squash until just tender, about 5 mins on steam or 3 mins with water in the microwave. Allow it to cool. Thread the squash, paneer and onions onto 8 skewers. Put onto a flattish dish. Mix together the yogurt, garam masala and lemon zest and juice with plenty of sea salt and black pepper. Pour over the skewers and mix well. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, cook under the grill until browned and bubbling or grill on the barbecue. Serve with extra lemon wedges and a crunchy salad.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 250g paneer, cut into chunks
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp garam masala
- juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Meghan Markle's exfoliator: sought after Japanese brand has rare 20% reductions
Meghan Markle's exfoliator from skincare brand Tatcha is one of the many items in their rare beauty sale with items marked 20% off
By Rylee Johnston •
Jennifer Aniston’s volumizing hairspray is on sale this Black Friday
One reviewer says the luxury French product gives them ‘double the amount of hair’
By Lucy Abbersteen •
All the best deals in the Macy's Cyber Monday sale—including fashion, beauty and homeware
We round up the offers worth snapping up in the Macy's Cyber Monday sale
By Ciara McGinley •