For a wonderful sharing starter or healthy lunch recipe, give this flavoursome healthy chicken recipe a try this week and you’ll be impressed with all the wonderful flavours.
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 400g (14oz) raw prawns
- little oil, for stir-frying
- 3cm (11/4in) piece ginger, grated
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 each red and green chilli, diced
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm (or soft brown) sugar
- fresh coriander and mint sprigs
- baby romaine, cos or Iceberg lettuce, to serve
- For the dipping sauce:
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 150ml (1/4pt) rice vinegar
- 3 fat chillies, chopped, a mix of red and green
First make the dipping sauce. In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the rice vinegar over a gentle heat. Add the chillies, then set aside.
Put the chicken and prawns into a food processor and pulse until minced, but not long enough to form a pulp. Heat a large wok, add the oil, the chicken and prawns. Stir for a few minutes, then add the ginger, lemongrass, chillies, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Stir-fry until the chicken and prawns are cooked through and all the flavours are well combined.
To serve, put the chicken mix into a bowl. On a platter, add sprigs of coriander and mint, the lettuce leaves and bowls of dipping sauce. Simply add some chicken to a lettuce leaf with a sprig each of mint and coriander, then roll up and dip into the sauce.