If you’re partial to a steak, why not try mixing up your usual beef steak for this venison recipe? Great for special occasions, this Valentine’s Day recipe idea makes venison steaks that are wonderfully light and really tender.
With a redcurrant sauce that really compliments this flavoursome meat. Serve it with mash and steamed broccoli for a great healthy meal. The meat only takes ten minutes to cook so it’s a really quick option if you fancy something that’s quick to throw together but feels really special – great for a Friday night dinner or a more special occasion.
Venison contains more protein than beef and is lower in saturated fat, so it’s a great way to indulge even when you’re trying to be a bit healthier. It’s also packed with iron, vitamin B6 niacin, and riboflavin.
So if you’re planning a date night this week and want something that feels super indulgent but doesn’t take long to cook and is really healthy, give this venison dinner a try and you’ll love it. It also makes a great dinner party main dish option.
HOW TO MAKE VENISON STEAK WITH REDCURRANT SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat, cook the venison steaks for around 2 minutes on each side then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the beef stockpot and redcurrant jelly to the pan, mix until smooth and allow to bubble for a few minutes to create a thick sauce.
- Return the venison to the pan, heat through and coat well in the sauce, season to taste. Serve with mash and steamed broccoli.
- ¾ tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 2 venison steaks, seasoned
- 1 rich beef stock pot, dissolved into 150ml (¼pt) of water
- 1tbsp redcurrant jelly
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of "Bennifer"
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •
Don't miss out! Macy's flash sale has up to 60% off home styles—here are our top picks
For a limited time, Macy's is offering up to 60% off all of their home styles to upgrade your space with
By Rylee Johnston •