- 300g (10oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 5 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 150g (5oz) milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- you will need
- 20cm (8in), deep-sided square tin, lined with foil
Heat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, 325 F, gas 3. Melt the chocolate and butter very gently in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir in the sugar and when cooled briefly, mix in the eggs. Don’t worry if it curdles; keep stirring and it will come back together. When combined, fold in the flour with a large pinch of sea salt, and add the chocolate chunks.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes. Cool slightly before transferring to the fridge to harden, then cut into squares with a hot, dry knife.
Top Tip for making Uber-Chocolate Brownies
To give as a gift stack the brownies on to a keepsake plate, wrap with cellophane and tie with ribbon. The brownies will keep in a sealed container for up to a week.