- 1tbsp oil
- Thai red curry paste (use the quantity as instructed on the pack)
- 400g rump steak, sliced into 1cm strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 600ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 200g mangetout
- 200g bamboo shoots (canned are fine), drained fresh coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the curry paste and fry off, stirring all the time for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef, onion and ginger and stir well, ensuring all the ingredients are evenly coated in the spice paste. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar and simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the beef and onions are tender.
When ready to serve, add the mangetout and bamboo shoots, and heat through for a few minutes. Add the coriander and serve with rice.