By Jane Curran
Forget dressing to impress; this is how to cook to impress. This is a super show-off recipe for supper with friends, using not only salmon, but on-trend hot smoked salmon too, wrapped in light-as-air filo pastry. This easy dish is perfect for any season, and any dinner party. Filo pastry has long been the friend of the Wellington; allowing the flavours to dominate and shine through the pastry casing; the thickness of shortcrust sometimes has the propensity to overshadow the filling. Fish, vegetables, and the lightest of pastries; this already impressive dish is also impressively healthy, so there really is no reason not to treat yourself, your family, or your dinner guests to this salmon wellington delight.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON WELLINGTON
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the veg on a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil; season. Roast for 15 minutes; set aside.
- On a large baking tray, layer 4 filo sheets on top of each other, overlapping to create a large rectangle 3 times the width of the salmon, brushing each layer with butter.
- Put a salmon fillet on the pastry, top with half the veg; the hot smoked salmon, remaining veg and the second salmon fillet.
- Brush the edges with a little more butter and tightly fold over the salmon to seal it. Cover with the remaining pastry, brushing with butter as you go, and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with new potatoes and salad.
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 courgettes, halved and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large sheets of filo pastry
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 x 300g salmon loin fillets
- 100g hot smoked salmon slices
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •