- 1kg (2lb 4oz) salmon fillet, skin on
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 35g (1¼oz) unsalted butter, melted
- for the salsa
- 85ml (3½fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp capers
- ½ bunch mint, leaves only
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- good squeeze lemon juice
To make the salsa, blend all the salsa ingredients in a food processor – you want a slightly chunky sauce rather than a purée, so go steady. Season with black pepper, cover with clingfilm and set aside.
Heat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, 425F, gas 7. Place the salmon in an oven tray lined with oiled foil. Mix the oil and melted butter in a small jug then brush over the salmon. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until just cooked through and lightly browned. Serve with the sauce, plus steamed new potatoes and mangetout.