- 12 madeleines (small sponge cases by Bonne Maman)
- 6 scoops (around 600ml/1pt) ice cream (we used Mövenpick Maple Walnut Ice Cream but pistachio or vanilla flavours would also work)
- 75g (3oz) raspberries, crushed
- 1tsp icing sugar, to dust
- 2tbsp praline, made from roughly blitzing a hard almond nougat or brittle in a food processor (we used M&S Torte Turron de Alicante Almond and Honey Brittle Cake)
Using a paring knife, slice the raised side of the madeleines, scooping out a small piece from the centre of the cake so it can cup the ice cream ball. Set aside. Using an ice cream scoop, shape the ice cream into 6 portions, about the same size and thickness as a madeleine. Do this at least 20 minutes and up to 3 hours in advance, and keep on a tray lined with baking parchment in the freezer until ready to serve.
To assemble, spread a teaspoon of the crushed raspberry mixture on the trimmed sides of the madeleines, top half of them with the ice cream portions then place another madeleine on top, flat side down. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a sprinkle of the praline on top.