By Woman and Home published
This colourful dish is bursting with flavour and is a super simple way to mix up your usual casserole recipe.
With its red onions, red peppers and a yellow pepper, you’re getting a rainbow of your five a day, while the olives, white wine and sundried tomato paste in this recipe invoke those classic Mediterranean tastes.
This casserole recipe is really easy to make ahead and freeze in batches, so if you want to pack the freezer full of amazing meals that are nutritious, give this one a go and you can simply defrost and enjoy it at a later date.
HOW TO MAKE MEDITERRANEAN BEEF CASSEROLE
- Heat the oven to 190 C, 170 C fan, 375 F, gas 5. Heat the oil in a roasting tin. Brown the beef in batches over a medium heat for 5 minutes, then set aside. In the same roasting tin, fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and 150ml (¼pt) water, then season. Cover with foil, bake in the oven for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake for a further hour. Scatter with oregano leaves and serve.
- Freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months. This can be defrosted slowly in the fridge and then reheated in the microwave, if liked.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 750g (1lb 10oz) very lean stewing steak, cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into thick slices
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thick slices
- 600g (1lb 5oz) ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300ml (½pt) red wine
- 150g (5oz) mixed olives, drained
- 6tbsp fresh oregano, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 heads garlic, halved
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
January full moon 2022—what your star sign needs to prioritize
January full moon 2022 in Cancer is hot on the heels of Mercury retrograde and brings the chance to strip away what no longer serves us
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published
Megan Fox's engagement ring proves eccentric styles are in and classics like Kate Middleton's are out
Megan Fox's stunning engagement ring is one of the many celebrity rings that shows that the classic styles of the past are out of style
By Laura Harman • Published
Prince Harry's hint at royal defiance and feud with William when Princess Diana was still alive
A remark Prince Harry made as a child was an eerie indication of what was to come for him
By Caitlin Elliott • Published