Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 recipes are all designed to keep you feeling full for longer while helping you to build muscle, maintain stamina and shed weight. He says, "when I eat out, I love to order a good steak. I couldn’t release a book without at least one steak recipe. This one with blue cheese is off the hook. You’re going to love it. #SteakMe." The recipe serves one but you can easily increase those quantities if you're cooking for family or friends. We think this is so delicious that it would make the perfect dinner party main.
HOW TO MAKE LEAN IN 15 STRAIGHT UP STEAK WITH BLUE MUSHROOMS
Lean in 15: The Sustain Plan is out on November 17th (Bluebird, £16.99)
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and preheat your grill to maximum.
- Remove the mushroom stalks and discard. Season the steak and mushrooms with a little salt and pepper. When the griddle is hot, carefully lay the mushrooms skin side down in the pan, followed by the steak.
- Cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes on one side only and remove. Cook the steak for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Transfer the steak to a plate and keep it warm until you’re ready to eat.
- While the steak is cooking, break the blue cheese into a bowl, dollop in the mascarpone and slide in the chives. Beat together until smooth, then spoon and press the mixture into the grilled side of the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms, cheese side up, on a baking tray with the tomatoes alongside. Grill the vegetables for about 6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling up.
- It doesn’t matter how you serve this one up – just get all the ingredients onto a plate, chuck on a handful of watercress to freshen things up, and get stuck in.
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 x 240g sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper
- 20g blue cheese (I like to use Roquefort)
- 20g mascarpone
- Small handful of chives, finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Large handful of watercress, to serve
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •