By Jane Curran
We’re always told to eat at least two portions of fish a week, and at least one of those portions should be oily – so a salmon lunch is the perfect way to tick off one of those from your list.
Salmon is packed with Omega 3 to help your skin and hair looking healthy and by spiralising some courgette and sweet potato to go alongside it, you’ve notched up a couple of your portions of five a day too.
What’s even better is that the whole recipe only takes about half an hour, plus a little time for marinating, do it’s really easy to prep ahead or enjoy as a quick week night supper.
HOW TO MAKE JERK SALMON WITH MANGO YOGURT
- Mix the jerk seasoning with 2tbsp of the yogurt. Put the salmon in a shallow dish and coat with the yogurt mix. Cover and put in the fridge. You can leave it overnight if you like but it’s still delicious if left for just 30 minutes.
- Either spiralize the vegetables or finely cut them into matchsticks. Put the sweet potato into a microwavable dish with a splash of water. Mix the mango, lime juice, mint and remaining yogurt with plenty of seasoning.
- Grill the salmon until nicely browned. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for 3 minutes, remove and stir in the courgettes. Add a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning. Serve the salmon on the vegetables with the yogurt on the side.
- 1tbsp jerk seasoning
- 7tbsp Greek yogurt (0% is fine)
- 4 skinned fillets salmon (around 600g)
- 450g sweet potato, peeled
- 400g courgette, trimmed
- 1 mango, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp fresh mint
Top Tip for making Jerk Salmon With Mango Yogurt
If you don't have a spiralizer, just cut the veg into julienne matchsticks. You can also buy prepared spiralised veg.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •