- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp black onion seeds
- 600g (1lb 5oz) pumpkin, sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 400g (14oz) chopped tomatoes
- 200ml (1/3pt) vegetable stock
- 200g (7oz) Basmati rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add all the spices. When the seeds begin to pop add the pumpkin and sugar with 2 tbsp of water and cover with a lid for 5 mins until the pumpkin begins to soften.
Add red chilli, tomatoes, chopped tomatoes and veg stock and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions and serve with the pumpkin curry & lime wedges.
Top Tip for making Five Spice Pumpkin Curry
Sometimes it's hard to get hold of pumpkin in the supermarket. Butternut squash is a perfect replacement