Nutrition per portion
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 400g (14oz) pork tenderloin, cubed
- 3tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 150g (5oz) green beans, trimmed
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- Steamed rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onion and red pepper gently until soft. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the pork to the pan and fry until browned on all sides.
Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, then add the peanut butter, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well then add the coconut milk and stir until smooth. Return the onion and red pepper to the pan, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, until the pork is tender. Add the beans and simmer for another 2 or 3 minutes.
Squeeze the juice of half the lime into the curry and serve with steamed rice. Add the remaning lime juice and the zest to the rice for added fragrance and flavour.