Nutrition per portion
- 12 boneless, skinless, free-range chicken thighs
- 2tbsp flour, seasoned
- little olive oil
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml (4fl oz) good quality sherry vinegar, such as Macetilla from Waitrose
- 600ml (1pt) chicken stock
- 200g (7oz) each seedless black and green grapes
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Toss the chicken in the seasoned flour, tapping off any excess. Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Brown the chicken on both sides and remove. Add the onion, cooking it for a few minutes. Add the garlic, stir for a minute then add the vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil, using a wooden spoon to scrape residue from the pan into the sauce. Return the chicken to the pan.
Turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, uncovered. Taste for seasoning. Add the whole grapes and cook for a further 15 minutes. Just before serving, scatter over the pine nuts and parsley.