Nutrition per portion
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 5cm (2in) cubes
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4tbsp ground almonds
- large handful spinach
- juice 1 lemon
- to garnish
- 25g (1oz) toasted, flaked almonds
- 1tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cumin, and cook for a few minutes.
Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, ground almonds and 100ml (4fl oz) water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and mint over the top. Serve with brown rice.