Prince Harry will honor his late mother, Princess Diana's legacy by donating profits he makes from his Spare biography to charities that meant a lot to the late Princess.
- Prince Harry is being paid a reported $20million for the tell-all memoir which he confirmed is called Spare.
- The book is part of multi-book deal with Penguin Random House and is due for release on January 10 2023.
- In other royal news, Queen Camilla's nephew has opened up about being bullied over his family connection.
While he's being paid an incredible amount for his memoir, Spare - which is likely to be of concern to Buckingham Palace officials - Prince Harry is set to donate a lot of the profits to charity - something his mother Diana would undoubtedly be proud of.
A spokesman from Penguin Random House said that he will “support British charities with donations from his proceeds from ‘Spare.'” And one charity in particular who will benefit from donations is one that Prince Harry set up to honor his late mother.
“The Duke of Sussex has donated $1,500,000 to Sentebale, an organization he founded with Prince Seeiso in their mothers’ legacies, which supports vulnerable children and young people in Lesotho and Botswana affected by HIV/AIDS,” the Penguin Random House spokesperson wrote.
They also added that They added that Harry, 38, will donate to the non-profit WellChild in the amount of $347,000, explaining, “WellChild, which he has been Royal patron of for fifteen years, makes it possible for children and young people with complex health needs to be cared for at home instead of hospital, wherever possible."
Prince Harry's highly anticipated memoir is set to be released on January 10 2023 - which clashes with his sister-in-law Kate Middleton's birthday, which falls on January 9.
Random House said in a statement on Thursday, "We are excited to bring to readers everywhere the remarkably personal and emotionally powerful story of Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex. For Harry, this is his story at last."
The book was initially due to be released in November, but was postponed after Queen Elizabeth's death.
Following the memoir's announcement, Prince Harry said in a statement, “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."
Adding his deep gratitude for the opportunity to tell his story he said he was excited to, "share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first-hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
And hinting at the kind of content we might expect in his memoir he said, “I think the majority of us in this room, especially as far as I’m concerned, 99.9% of people on planet Earth right now are dealing with some form of unresolved grief, trauma, or loss. And most of that we suppress."
Robyn is a celebrity and entertainment journalist and editor with over eight years experience in the industry. As well as contributing regular to woman&home, she also often writes for Woman, Woman's Own, Woman's Weekly and The Sun.
Kate Middleton lost her 'right-hand woman' right after becoming Princess of Wales
Kate Middleton's 'right-hand woman' stepped down from her role as private secretary just a month after Kate became the Princess of Wales
By Robyn Morris • Published
The Christmas outfit Kate Middleton regrets for this *very* relatable reason
The Princess of Wales regrets just one festive outfit choice...
By Robyn Morris • Published