Prince Harry's claims that he was "cut off" financially by the royal family are raising eyebrows on Twitter.
- Prince Harry told Oprah Winfrey that he was "cut off" by the royal family during their tell-all interview and had to fund security for his family using his inheritance from Princess Diana.
- New royal accounts show a sum of £4.5million was paid out by Charles to both Prince Harry and Prince William.
- This follows royal news that Kate Middleton's $89 jeans show a move away from the skinny style.
Prince Harry's claims that he was "cut off" financially from the royal family following his decision to step down as a senior royal have been called into question after a breakdown of Prince Charles' royal accounts were released.
In the document, which is said to be independently audited and released annually, it's clear the Prince of Wales paid out a total of £4.5million between his two sons, Prince Harry and Prince William.
And the document has caused eyebrows to be raised on Twitter following Prince Harry's claims that his family "cut him off" after he quit last year, forcing him to live off of his late mother's inheritance.
In the bombshell interview, the Duke of Sussex claimed signing lucrative deals with Spotify and Netflix was "never part of the plan," but more a necessary step.
"That was suggested by someone else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially and I had to afford security for us," he revealed.
The internet has been in a spin since the accounts were released just days ago, with people flocking to Twitter to discuss Harry's claims.
One online user tweeted, "Do... [Harry and Meghan] ever consider that the average person in the UK earns less than 1% of that (£4.5m) gift? And... how ungrateful it looks to accept a handout of that scale, and then publicly denigrate the man who gave it, saying he'd cut them off?"
Another said, "Remember when Prince Harry said he was cut off financially?! If this is being 'cut off' I'd love to know what it was like when the taps were flowing."
However, despite initial confusion a spokesperson for the Sussex family said "two different timelines" were being "conflated" and the different tax years make it appear that Harry's story doesn't line up.
A spokesperson said, “You are conflating two different timelines and it’s inaccurate to suggest that there’s a contradiction.
“The Duke’s comments during the Oprah interview were in reference to the first quarter of the fiscal reporting period in the UK, which starts annually in April."
It comes after it emerged that Earl of Dumbarton could have been Archie's official royal title but Meghan and Harry reportedly rejected it over fears their son would be bullied.
It has been widely reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex didn't want their first-born to have a royal title, amid claims they want to raise him privately in their $14million Santa Barbara mansion, having stepped back as senior members of the royal family in 2020.
But now the Telegraph says that the couple were in fact offered a title—Earl of Dumbarton—but turned it down because it featured the word dumb.
“They didn’t like the idea of Archie being called the Earl of Dumbarton because it began with the word ‘dumb’. They were worried about how that might look," a source revealed.
This M&S quilted coat is getting all the love online and we're obsessed too!
The M&S quilted coat is the winter warmer you need for your wardrobe this season.
By Emma Shacklock •
Clinique Black Friday: half price gift sets and 30% off bestsellers you know and love right now
We've trawled every Clinique Black Friday deal to bring you this curated edit of beauty bargains
By Fiona McKim •