Looks like Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor isn't the royal record-breaker some might've thought. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's daughter is actually one of several royals born in the U.S., contrary to popular belief.
• Lilibet might be the Queen's first great-grandchild born in the U.S., however, other members of the royal family were also born in America.
• According to royal sources, Prince Harry introduced Lilibet to the Queen via video call several days after she was born.
• In other royal news, you'll want to snag a pair of Kate Middleton's new sneakers for yourself.
While Prince Harry's move across the pond shocked people around the world, the birth of his daughter on California soil isn't terribly groundbreaking after all. In fact, it seems the Duke of Sussex wasn't the only royal who was fond of West coast living.
Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor is actually the second member of the British monarchy to be born in the U.S., particularly in California. Lord Frederick Windsor—the son of Prince Michael of Kent, the Queen's cousin—and wife Sophie Winkleman, welcomed daughter Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina Windsor to the world in Los Angeles. Maud is now seven and 52nd in line for the throne. She's also been part of a few royal weddings, including Princess Eugenie's and Lady Gabriella Windsor's. She does not have a royal title.
The Californian girls are recent additions, but have a look at various other countries' aristocrats who call the U.S. home.
Royals born in the United States
- Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and Crown Princess Marie Chantal welcomed all but one of their children in New York.
- Iran's Shah and Empress’s son, Crown Prince Reza, had three daughters, all of whom were born and raised in the U.S.
- Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia and his then-wife, the former princess Maria da Glória of Orléans-Braganza, had three boys in the United States.
Lilibet Diana photos have yet to surface, but all eyes will be on the California once they do.
Danielle is a writer for woman&home and My Imperfect Life, where she particularly enjoys covering lifestyle and entertainment news. She was previously the editor of Time Out New York Kids and a news editor at Elite Daily. When she's not working, you can find her reading a good book and enjoying a cup of coffee. Follow her @dvwrites.
Strictly judge Anton DuBeke's biggest regret and 'moments of sadness' revealed
Strictly judge Anton DuBeke has shown his vulnerable side by admitting, despite his cheery disposition, the one regret that plagues him
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Deborah James' final post urges people to 'check your poo' for bowel cancer - these are the symptoms to look out for
Deborah James' final message urged people to check their poo for bowel cancer, but what are the symptoms should you look for?
By Laura Harman • Published