Helen Mirren turns 76 today—and what better way to celebrate her legacy than a trip down memory lane?
The iconic British actor has built an incredible career on both the screen and the stage over the past six decades, starring in more than 60 films and 40 theatre productions.
From roles in blockbusters like The Good Liar to Shakespeare plays like Hamlet, Helen is often praised as one of Hollywood's most versatile actors. She's also known for her impressive work ethic, churning out new movies on an annual basis since 2003. This commitment and talent have earned her a trophy wall worth of awards, including four BAFTAs, three Golden Globes, and one Oscar.
With so many successful projects under her belt, we thought we'd pay tribute to the legendary Helen on her 76th birthday with a lineup of the best young Helen Mirren photos from the earlier days of her career.
Read more from woman&home:
• Best yoga mats for stretching, meditation, beginner and advanced workouts
• Best fitness trackers to help you monitor activity, sleep and health metrics
• Best bras to support, lift and shape your bust
How old is Helen Mirren?
Helen Mirren celebrates her 76th birthday today, 26 July. The Academy-award winner was born in Hammersmith, London, in 1945, into a working-class family. She happens to share her birthday with fellow British actress Kate Beckinsale, who was born on the same date 28 years later.
1. Young Helen Mirren in the stage production of Troilus and Cressida in 1968
2. Helen Mirren at the Kine's Cross Hotel in 1968
3. Helen Mirren at Heathrow Airport in 1969
4. Helen Mirren in Age of Consent in 1969
5. Helen Mirren in The Balcony, London in 1971
6. Helen Mirren relaxing at home in Fulham in 1975
7. Helen Mirren on a glittery photoshoot in 1975
8. Helen Mirren dressed as a fairground stripper in 1975
9. Helen Mirren at a graffiti-covered wall in 1976
10. Portrait of a young Helen Mirren for the Radio Times in 1973
11. Helen Mirren in the film 2010, shot in 1984
Emma is a news writer for woman&home and My Imperfect Life. She covers the Royal Family and the entertainment world, as well as the occasional health or lifestyle story. When she's not reporting on the British monarchy and A-list celebs, you can find her whipping up vegan treats and running the roads to cheesy '90s pop music...but not at the same time, obviously.
Oprah Winfrey gives Ellen DeGeneres this wise tip upon ending her daytime show
Appearing on one of the final episodes ever of the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Oprah Winfrey tells her pal and talk show host to take some well-deserved time off
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
9 of the best spa hotels in Wales for a relaxing break in 2022
Welsh travel writer Portia Jones picks the best spa hotels in Wales with infinity pools, relaxation rooms, sea view rooms and more...
By Portia Jones • Published