- 2 part-boned free-range chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet potato (around 250g/9oz), cut into chunks
- 1 large red pepper, thickly sliced
- 2tbsp oil
- 150g (5oz) cooking chorizo (we used Unearthed Spanish Chorizo Cooking Sausages)
- for the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp sherry vinegar
- 100ml (4fl oz) maple syrup
- ½tbsp soy sauce
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Line a wide, shallow baking sheet with foil, add the chicken, onion, sweet potato and pepper, season well and drizzle over the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
To make the marinade, mix all the ingredients together in a small jug.
Remove the tray from the oven, add the chorizo, pour over the marinade and toss to coat. Turn the oven up to 240C, 220C fan, 475F, gas 9, and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes, basting once or twice, or until sticky and cooked through.
This is delicious served with a crunchy chicory salad dressed with a mustardy vinaigrette.