Lemon Roasted Chicken with Herbs
Lemon roasted chicken with herbs is a tasty summer twist on a classic roast chicken. We've served ours with a seasonal bean salad.
- 1 large free-range chicken, about 2.5kg
- small bunch lemon thyme and rosemary
- 4 preserved lemons, halved
- a little oil
- 4tsp dried chervil
- 150g runner beans
- 250g broad beans
- 150g green beans
- 3tbsp mustard vinaigrette
We’ve served our lemon roasted chicken with a seasonal bean salad, with a mix of green beans, runner beans and broad beans, and tied them all together with a punchy mustard vinaigrette. This side dish is so easy to throw together, but makes the perfect accompaniment to our summery roast chicken.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN WITH HERBS
- Put the chicken into a roasting tin. Put the thyme and rosemary into the cavity with the lemons. Heat the oven to 180C. Rub the oil into the skin and roast for 1 hour 30 mins or until cooked through and the juices of the thickest part of the thigh run clear. Leave to rest and sprinkle over the chervil. Skim any fat off the pan juices and reheat to serve.
- Blanch the beans then refresh under cold running water. Mix all the salad ingredients together to serve, with some new potatoes on the side. Carve the chicken or cut into joints.