By Jules Mercer
Beer can roast chickenis incredibly moist and the beer gives it a delicious malty flavour. You may have thought that beer can chicken was complicated but in fact it’s incredibly simple to do and a fail safe way of ensuring your chicken doesn’t dry out. Beer can chicken is great comfort food and is fab for a roast on a chilly Sunday. To make it extra special serve beer can chicken with a selection of autumnal veggie sides like butternut squash mash or a lovely cauliflower cheese. Beer can chicken will impress the family and you could experiment with different types of beer to see which you prefer. This simple but effective method of upgrading your roast chicken only takes a handful of ingredients but works a treat every time.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C Fan. Rub the oil all over the chicken, and season the skin. Cut the strings to open the chicken.
- Open the beer can and place it onto a roasting tray. Sit the chicken on top of the can so that the can fills the central cavity.
- Roast for 1 hour 30 mins, until the juices run clear. Remove from beer can (be wary that there may be some beer left in the can) and place on a serving platter. Tie the legs together if easier to carve this way.
- Add a squeeze of lemon to the cooking liquids – this will be your gravy! Scatter over fresh parsley to serve.
- 1.4kg chicken
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 330ml can IPA beer
- 1 lemon
- a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
Top Tip for making Beer Can Roast Chicken
Use the juices as a delicious gravy.
This 25% off Black Friday electric scooter discount is big enough to get me over my fear of looking like an idiot
I'll be zipping around in no time with this amazing Black Friday electric scooter deal – so who cares about age?
By Faye M Smith •
I think Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream should be compulsory over 30 - and it's 25% off for Black Friday
If you think there's no such thing as a perfect moisturiser, you've never met Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
By Fiona McKim •
The HUGE discount on this sex toy for Black Friday is the push I need to finally give pegging a go
This Black Friday sex toy bargain is certainly tempting, that's for sure. But will it mean pegging is on the cards?
By Faye M Smith •