A baked plum and cinnamon meringue that's crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle – perfect
- 12-16 large plums
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 free-range egg whites
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 284ml pot whipping cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
A meringue is the perfect go to spring dessert recipe if you’re entertaining as its super impressive but isn’t actually as hard to make as it looks. Give this crunchy and gooey recipe a go and your guests will love it.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED PLUM AND CINNAMON MERINGUE
- Heat the oven to 170C, 150C fan, 325F, gas 3. Halve the plums and remove the stones. Put into a shallow roasting tin lined with baking parchment (to save washing up), drizzle over the honey and sprinkle over the cinnamon. Put on a low shelf in the oven-the meringue will go on the top so make sure there's enough space.
- Beat the gg white with an electric whisk until stiff. Very slowly, add the caster sugar-just 1tbsp at a time. Otherwise you'll knock out all the air and end up with a flat meringue.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a bit of meringue to stick it doen. Pile on the meringue in a 20cm (8in) circle and make a dip in the centre.
- Put into the oven and turn down the temperature to 140C, 120C fan, 275F, gas 1. Bake for 1 hour with the plums.
- After 1 hour, take out the plums but leave the meringue in the switched-ff oven for 1 hour or more. Just befrore serving, whip the cream to soft peaks with the icing sugar and vanilla. Spoon into the centre of the meringue then top with the plums and cooking juices.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Dessert Recipes
More Meringue Recipes
More Plum Recipes