Gluten free Easter Cake
Gluten free Easter sponge cake filled with apricot and raspberry jam looks impressive as a delicious spring cake that everyone cake enjoy
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g butter, softened
- 5 free-range eggs
- 125g gluten-free plain flour
- 65g cornflour
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 heaped tsp gluten-free baking powder
- a few drops vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 4tbsp apricot and raspberry jam
- 100g icing sugar
- A few primulas
You will need:
- 2 x 20cm sponge tins, oiled and lined with baking parchment
You can use this mixture to make fairy cakes too. Just divide between cupcake cases and bake for 15 to 18 mins, then top with the icing
Try this brilliant Easter recipe for a gluten free Easter cake and you’d never know the difference. It’s a sponge cake filled with apricot and raspberry jam, so it’s light and lovely and sweet. Decorate this bake with flowers for a really special Easter treat.
- Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Measure all the cake ingredients in to a large mixing bowl and beat well together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and bake for 20 to 25 mins until golden and firm to touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 mins before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Sandwich the cakes with the jam.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with a teaspoon of water to give a very thick pouring consistency and drizzle over the cake. Decorate with the flowers just before serving. The cake will keep for 2 to 3 days in a cake tin.