This cake may sound strange but it's delicious! Taken from Three Sisters Bake
For the cake:
For the icing:
- 135ml sunflower oil
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 335g courgette, finely grated
- grated zest of 2 limes
For the icing:
- 200g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- courgette ribbons, to decorate
Courgette ribbons make a great decoration, but remove before eating.
If you fancy a cake this week but don’t want to go overboard on the sugar then give this great courgette recipe a go for a super moist cake a go and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. It make s great dinner party dessert option that everyone will love.
HOW TO MAKE COURGETTE AND LIME CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 160C, 320F, gas 2. Line the base and sides of the cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the oil, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and fold into the mixture. Fold in the grated courgette and lime zest.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool a little in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Add the lime zest and juice and stir.
- Once cool, top the cake with the icing by running a spatula or palate knife back and forth over the cake creating deep grooves to give a nice textural look.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Courgette Recipes
More Cake Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes