Treat yourself to this decadent berry bread and butter pudding!
- 400g brioche loaf, crusts removed and sliced into 6mm (1/4in) slices
- 150g (5oz) seedless raspberry jam
- 250g (9oz) blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 3 free-range eggs
- 300ml (½pt) single cream
- 150ml (¼pt) milk
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 litre (3½pt) baking dish, lightly buttered
1. Spread the brioche slices with the jam, and cut into triangles. Put them in the baking dish and scatter over a few berries.
2. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla paste, and pour the mix over the brioche. Press the bread down into the custard with a fork and leave for 2 hours
3. Heat the over to 180C, 160C fan, 250F, gas 4. Scatter over the remaining berries and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until just set, but still wobbly.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Pudding Recipes
More Raspberry Recipes
More Blueberry Recipes
More Blackberry Recipes