This tasty French dessert recipe would make the ideal treat to serve up to your guests after your next dinner party. With blackberries and raspberries, it’s a great pudding to try in the autumn when the fruits are in season and will make a really special treat for the whole family.
Delicious when served hot or cold, this is a really versatile sponge dessert that would warm you up when it starts to get a little bit chilly outside.
This recipe is ready in less than half an hour and will serve up to eight people, so it’s a great one to serve up if you’ve got a lot of people coming over for dinner. Try it next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and you’ll not regret it.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY AND BLACKBERRY CLAFOUTIS
- 200g (7oz) raspberries
- 600g (1lb 5oz) ripe blackberries (cleaned weight)
- 8 medium eggs
- 300g (10oz) caster sugar
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, softened
- ½tsp baking powder
you will need
- 30x25x5cm deep (12x10x2in) baking tin, greased with a little butter
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan oven, 400F, gas 6.
- After hulling the berries, briefly wash them. You can either mix the sponge ingredients in a bowl or, alternatively, in a food processor, which would take you half the time. Beat the eggs first, then stir in the sugar, flour and butter. Mix well, then thoroughly beat in the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, then add the blackberries, followed by the raspberries. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the centre of the cake is solid and not runny.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with extra sugar.
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
These petite cakes are made even prettier with bottlegreen raspberry cordial icing and a sprinkle of dried rose petals
By Jessica Ransom Published
Delicious gluten free desserts that everyone will love
By Luba Gadjourov Published
Ground Almond Cake with Peach and Raspberry
By Jane Curran Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe Published
Pippa Middleton’s raspberry pink trousers, tailored black blazer and heeled boots were a bold twist on a classic autumnal look - and we love it!
Pippa Middleton’s raspberry pink trousers were styled with an otherwise black and white outfit and it would make such a fun look for autumn!
By Emma Shacklock Published
The indulgent dessert that Kate Middleton loves is so quintessentially British
A chef once revealed Kate Middleton's go-to dessert for post-dinner indulgence
By Caitlin Elliott Published
Pippa Middleton’s throwback raspberry wrap dress is perfection – and it has a very special connection to sister Kate!
We love this throwback photo of Pippa’s timeless wrap dress – but did you spot the connection to a very important Kate moment?
By Jack Slater Published