The sharp freshness of the grapefruit cuts through the oiliness of the trout in this colourful and incredibly healthy salad.
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp black Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼tsp sugar
- ¼tsp salt
- ¼tsp black pepper
- 2 British trout fillets
- 50g (2oz) watercress
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 100g (4oz) green beans, trimmed
- 250g (9oz) baby new potatoes
For an equally delicious and still omega-3 rich salad, replace the trout with grilled mackerel.
In a saucepan, cover the potatoes with lightly salted cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the beans for the final 3 minutes until both vegetables are tender.
Heat the grill to high and, on an oiled baking sheet, lay the fillets skin side up for 6 to 8 minutes until the skin looks crispy and the fish feels firm. Remove the skin and flake the fish into a large bowl with the other salad ingredients.
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl and mix well, then drizzle over the salad to serve.