Chicken Tikka Chapati Wrap with Saffron Yogurt Recipe
This chicken tikka chapati wrap recipe is so much cheaper than a takeaway Ė simple, healthy and really filling
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, chopped into large chunks
- 6 heaped tbsp tikka curry paste (we like Patak's)
- 4 heaped tbsp Greek yogurt
- 200ml (7fl oz) Greek yogurt
- 8-10 strands saffron
- juice Ĺ lemon, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 1tbsp olive oil
- iceberg lettuce, coriander and thinly sliced spring onion, to serve
- 4 chapatis
Chappati is a type of Indian flatbread that can be used like a wrap to be filled with ingredients for a simple packed lunch option.
While the chicken needs to be marinated for at least a few hours, the wait is totally worth it for the succulent curried flavour that makes this spicy wrap so special.
This recipe uses tikka curry paste to create that spice, while the saffron yogurt offers a bit of relief for those who arenít too fond of really spicy food.
The recipe serves four, so make it for the whole family for a lunch they wonít forget in a hurry.
- Mix the chicken with the curry paste and yogurt, and leave to marinate for a few hours; preferably overnight. Mix the yogurt ingredients, season and leave in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, heat a griddle until smoking hot. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the excess.
- Cook the chicken on the griddle for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until cooked and charred. Serve in the chapatis with the saffron yogurt, lettuce, coriander and spring onion, with extra lemon wedges.