This tasty chicken and shiitake mushroom noodle soup is a good dish to eat for lunch with the noodles or without for supper
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 900ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tbsp tamari
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
- 75g (3oz) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 75g (3oz) mangetout
- 100g (4oz) rice noodles, cooked (Amoy Straight-to-wok Rice Noodles are great)
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Place the chicken and stock in a saucepan. Add the ginger, tamari, spring onions, red chilli and lemongrass, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Add the mushrooms, simmer gently for 5 minutes, then add the mangetout and rice noodles.
Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the coriander, stir well and serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up