Our fiery sweet potato nduja soup will warm you inside out! It’s under 250 cals and three portions of your 5-a-day.
tOur sweet potato and nduja soup is hearty, balanced and satisfying. All the heat comes from the nduja - a spicy, spreadable pork salami from Italy. The nduja gives the soup depth and richness and is matched brilliantly with the sweet, silky sweet potato. It’s also great with pasta or served on bruschetta with mozzarella. At under 250 cals this soup is a lovely healthy dinner or lunch choice and it has three of your 5-a-day. Prep the soup ahead of time and reheat when you need it. Even on a busy day you can tuck into a nutritious dinner. Serve with crusty bread or a toasted wholemeal pitta bread to keep the cals low.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6. In a large bowl mix the olive oil with the garlic, onions, celery, sweet potato, peppers and carrots and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 30 mins until soft.
- Tip the roasted veg into a large pot with the ‘Nduja and warm through for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock and blitz until smooth using a hand blender. Stir through the black beans until warm, divide into bowls and serve with crème fraiche, if liked.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 80g celery, roughly chopped
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 160g carrots, chopped
- 50g N’duja
- 500ml chicken stock
- 240g black beans, drained and rinsed
- Small pot of crème fraiche, to serve (optional)
Top Tip for making Sweet potato nduja soup
If you can’t find ‘nduja use cooking chorizo instead. Just be sure to squeeze out the filling from the skin and cook off before adding the roast veg and stock.
Courteney Cox shares her quick 5-minute makeup routine
Courteney Cox's makeup routine is quick, minimal but looks incredible as this video reveals.
By Fiona Embleton •
When did Marathons become Snickers? The big question posed in Unforgotten
Unforgotten fans were all left asking one bizarre question after last nights episode: When did Marathons become Snickers?
By Laura Harman •
Behind Her Eyes locations revealed - this is where they filmed Netflix’s hit thriller
Have you ever visited any of them?
By Emma Shacklock •