Joe Wicks, also known as The Body Coach, is famous for his fast and delicious Lean In 15 recipes which have helped thousands of people shed the pounds. His logic is simple, taking lean meats and low fat cuts he pays particular to high protein ingredients to keep you feeling fuller for longer. He says, "pork tenderloin can sometimes be a bit dry, but not when you cook it in butter and add this amazing red pepper mayo. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you try this one."
HOW TO MAKE LEAN IN 15 BASHED PORK WITH RED PEPPER MAYO
Lean in 15: The Sustain Plan is out on November 17th (Bluebird, £16.99)
- Place the pork between two pieces of cling film or baking parchment on a chopping board. Using a rolling pin, meat mallet or any other blunt instrument, bash the meat until each piece is about 1cm thick. Make sure the loin is turned cut side up so you’re bashing down into the grain.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and, when the butter is bubbling, add the herbs and cook for a few seconds, then gently lay the pork steaks in the pan. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through – you can check this by slicing into a thick part of the meat to make sure there is no pink left.
- While the pork is cooking, place the mayonnaise, red peppers and garlic in a small blender and blitz until smooth.
- When the pork is cooked, remove to a plate and dab with a little kitchen roll to remove some of the fat. Arrange the steaks on your plate, top with the rocket and almonds and then drizzle over the mayonnaise.
- Serve up with a sunny smile and a squeeze of lemon.
- 2 x 120g pork tenderloins
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 2 sage leaves, finely sliced
- 30g mayonnaise
- 2 jarred red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Big handful of rocket
- 20g whole almonds
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon, to serve
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The bittersweet reason Prince William once dreamed of being a policeman
A royal insider has reported that despite his royal destiny to become King, Prince William once dreamed of being a policeman
By Laura Harman • Published
Queen will not address the nation when she reaches this historic landmark next month
The Queen will not speak to the public when she passes her Platinum Jubilee on 6 February, according to a royal expert
By Emma Dooney • Published
This TikTok hack promises to help you fall asleep in TWO minutes
Another TikTok trend has gone viral and we can see why!
By Lucy Gornall • Published