Don’t feel daunted by the long list of ingredients – this soup only takes about half an hour to prepare, and is easy to make. Coconut milk and chicken broth are the creamy base of this soup, not forgetting the fresh ginger and fish sauce, which give this comfort food an Asian twist.Chicken gets a great accompaniment from mushrooms, scallions and sugar snap peas, which give the soup crispy flavour. The citrus flavour of lime juice and zest goes well with chicken, completing this dish. The recipe makes enough soup for six people, and the best thing is, you can prepare this dish in advance. Garnish the dish with lime wedges and coriander. Looking for more cooking inspiration? Have a look at our other delicious soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE THAI GINGER-CHICKEN SOUP
- 392ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 392ml unsweetened light coconut milk
- 700ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 680g chicken thighs, skinless and deboned, cut into
- inch chunks
- 230g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, including some tender green tops
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 230g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 360g frozen corn kernels
- Combine the coconut milks, broth, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice and zest in a large soup pot, heat to medium-low and add the chicken. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the flavours have melded.
- Stir in the mushrooms, scallions, coriander, snap peas and corn. Bring the soup back to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes just until the snap peas are tender-crisp.
- At the table, add curry paste to taste and garnish with lime wedges and coriander.
Top Tip for making Thai Ginger-Chicken Soup
Only complete step 1 in you're preparing this soup in advance.
Woman shares unusual 'finger clubbing' symptom of lung cancer on social media
The unusual symptom that you may need to know...
By TI Media •
Prince Charles’ adorable nickname used by Kate Middleton at G7 summit, revealed by lip reader
A lip reader has analysed Prince Charles and Kate Middleton's sweet interactions
By Caitlin Elliott •
The UK's top scenic routes for the ultimate staycation have been unveiled
The UK's top scenic routes have been revealed—and we finally don't feel so bad about another summer in lockdown
By Emma Dooney •