- For the mash:
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 300g parsnips, peeled and chopped (about 2)
- 375g sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 2)
- For the filling:
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock (we used Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot)
- 250g cooked Puy lentils (we used Merchant Gourmet)
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- You will need:
- an ovenproof dish, around 2-litre capacity
Start with the mash: simply put all the veg in a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash together. Season and set aside.
For the filling, heat the oil in a sauté pan and cook the onions, carrot and celery until tender. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Add the stock, lentils and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, taste for seasoning then put into the dish. Top with the mash.
Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Bake until piping hot and the mash has browned slightly – about 30 minutes.