This healthy chicken recipe is a real go to idea if you’re entertaining and want something relaxed that your guests can just tuck into with ease. Give these spicy chicken wraps a try this week and serve them up with a crunchy salad, yogurt and harissa for a tasty meal that everyone will love.
Using ground coriander, garam masala and chilli powder, the chicken is marinated in this mix of spices to give it a real kick when cooked up on the barbecue. Serving this low calorie dish up with yogurt helps to give relief for those who aren’t too sure about the spice.
This tasty barbecue recipe serves four, only takes 25 minutes and is just 218 calories per serving so it’s a really healthy meal choice if you’re trying to be healthy this week.
HOW TO MAKE SPICED CHICKEN WRAPS WITH CRUNCHY SALAD, YOGURT AND HARISSA
- Place the chicken in a non-metallic bowl with the oil and spices, toss to coat and marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight. When ready to cook, spear the pieces onto metal skewers, season well and cook on the barbie for 10 minutes, turning halfway through the time, until they are crisp on the outside and completely cooked through.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the skewers, then scatter with coriander, and serve in a bowl with the flatbreads, yogurt, harissa and salad on the side.
- 6 free-range chicken thighs, skinned, boned and halved horizontally
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp garam masala
- ½tsp chilli powder
- small handful coriander leaves
- flatbreads (we used wholemeal roti), natural yogurt, harissa and crunchy salad leaves, to serve
Rebecca Smith was a Food Writer for Woman & Home and during her time with the magazine she was responsible for bringing an impressive array of mouth-watering recipes to womanandhome.com. These recipes ranged from slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb and Hot Water Crust Ham Hock Pies, to sweet treats such as a delectable Chocolate Brownie Cake and intricate Pistachio and Rose Water cake.
Following her work with Woman & Home, Rebecca went on to become the Deputy Editor at Delicious Magazine.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Working from home tips: simple ways to make sure you're still productive
These simple working from home tips are easy to implement and should make your daily tasks a lot easier to achieve
By Amy Hunt • Published
February new moon 2022—new moon in Aquarius says it's time to look at the bigger picture
February new moon 2022 in Aquarius says it’s time to start working on the vision board—here's what that means for your star sign
By Maria Sofia Marmanides • Published
The Gilded Age—everything we know about HBO’s new drama from Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes
HBO’s The Gilded Age boasts an A-list cast including Cynthia Nixon, Christine Baranski, and Meryl Streep’s daughter, Louisa Jacobson
By Jack Slater • Published