By Jane Curran
Smoked salmon quiche is a rich and flavourful dish to serve at a buffet or dinner party. A superb classic in the quiche range, this salmon quiche recipe is the perfect balance of creaminess and depth of flavour with the herbs and smoked salmon. Salmon is a great source of Omega 3’s. This recipe making use of both fresh and hot smoked salmon, makes sure you get your full dose. It relies heavily on baking the pastry blind - this keeps the quiche base crispy and short – no soggy bases here! It’s quick to assemble too, so this is the perfect quiche recipe for a mid week meal. If salmon is not your thing, fresh and smoked mackerel would make an excellent substitute. A really great green salad with lots of peppery watercress, a crusty baguette and some good butter is all you need to make this smoked salmon quiche into a delicious meal.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED SALMON QUICHE
- 250g shortcrust pastry
- 300g salmon fillet, cubed
- 150g hot smoked salmon, cubed
- 4 egg yolks
- 250ml double cream
- small bunch dill, chopped
- 2tsp grated Parmesan
You will need:
- a 20cm fluted flan tin, oiled
- Use the pastry to line the flan tin, leaving an overhang. Chill. Heat the oven to 180C. Line the pastry with foil and baking beans, and bake blind for 15 mins, then remove the foil and beans, and bake for a further 5 mins. Trim the edges so it’s neat and set aside. Reduce the oven to 140C.
- Arrange the fish over the pastry case. Mix together the egg yolks, cream and dill with plenty of seasoning. Slowly pour over the salmon.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and bake for 35 mins until set. Serve hot or at room temperature. You can make it the day before.
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •